Let’s go away

Southernmost

Vakiokokoonpanossa
Hello everyone,

just a thread to analyze more specifically the away attitude, in particular considering we are facing 7 away games in a row. As a young team there could be two approaches to home/away.
1: the Nokia arena crowd could push too much pressure on them and then suffer from this playing better outside
2: the home tifo could boost instead young players confidence giving them a better outcome internally vs when you are away

At the moment in generally I would say the second one with many away games not played as a top team firstly mentally and a lot of goals got also with less ranked teams. What’s your opinion?

Raipe - The Great One

Tähtipelaaja
I didn’t really get the idea of this thread. But for me this away tour is going to be a really tough test to this team, because they have played better in Nokia this season and also with new coach who can’t yet teach his tactics/gameplay ideas to the team, because there is no really time for that.

That tifo idea would be pretty cool but there is still an prohibition to tifos from Arena’s organizers. But maybe some day!

Viimeksi muokattu:

Vovlo

Luottopelaaja
Ylläpidon jäsen
In away games the most important thing is to stay efficient and defend tightly. And use your powerplays. Yeah, clichés but also true. Our powerplay should be efficient against weaker teams so personally I trust in that segment in our games. Against teams like current Lukko they had things under control in shorthanded situations against our PP with playing very aggressive and active game. But weaker teams most likely will be more passive as their skill-level and level of the game isn't as high as top teams. Guess we'll see how things turn around against SaiPa.

Southernmost

Vakiokokoonpanossa
Yeah my feeling was in previous home games we remained efficient in most of them probably because playing at home gave more confidence to the (young) guys. Away this didn’t happen so often and we got several goals also with weaker teams and when this happen it’s unlikely to win. This 7 in row will be a good test to see if we are in the right path to improve mentally and play efficiently also far away from the Nokia Arena

Viimeksi muokattu:

Penkinlämmittäjä22

Luottopelaaja
As a young team there could be two approaches to home/away.
1: the Nokia arena crowd could push too much pressure on them and then suffer from this playing better outside
2: the home tifo could boost instead young players confidence giving them a better outcome internally vs when you are away
If I have to choose either one of these, it's definitely going to be the second one. I don't think the home crowd affects the players negatively in any way. Maybe the ones who are playing their first games, but the guys who have been in the roster for a little longer are more likely to get energy from it and prefer home games over away games. Of course there's loads of reasons for this, but when talking about the fans I believe it's only positive. Wherever the team goes, the away team is going to have some kind of tifo here (nyt ei puhuta siis katsomon ylle levitettävistä lakanoista), even tho most of them aren't that special during the regular season. However, that could actually push some pressure on the players, but I do not think the home crowd could have the same effect. Ilves has been horrific in away games this season, let's hope it changes soon.

Southernmost

Vakiokokoonpanossa
If I have to choose either one of these, it's definitely going to be the second one. I don't think the home crowd affects the players negatively in any way. Maybe the ones who are playing their first games, but the guys who have been in the roster for a little longer are more likely to get energy from it and prefer home games over away games. Of course there's loads of reasons for this, but when talking about the fans I believe it's only positive. Wherever the team goes, the away team is going to have some kind of tifo here (nyt ei puhuta siis katsomon ylle levitettävistä lakanoista), even tho most of them aren't that special during the regular season. However, that could actually push some pressure on the players, but I do not think the home crowd could have the same effect. Ilves has been horrific in away games this season, let's hope it changes soon.
Yeah I agree with you. Probably I was not too super clear in my first message. My thesis for our team is the younger players aren’t able to get the same energy away and the outcome is very different from the home ones. I have also to be honest to tell when Malek played we were not able to stay in the game in most of them, the goalie is key in particular in the away games and at the moment only Langhamer can “bring all the team on him”. Adding it’s also cristal clear that if the goalie has to save you always it’s because a lot of things don’t work in those games